Skip to main content

Learn | Self Discover and Personal Development Through Writing

Attended a wellness talk because it involves writing, and found it brought positive impact to myself. As stated on the title of this post, the talk is about self-discovery and personal development, writing is just one of the tools for it. Several writing techniques have been shared by the speakers during the session including:
  1. Making a list
  2. Catharsis/Free writing
  3. Reflection/Self-observation
  4. Self Affirmation
  5. Sketchnote

Making a List

Making a list calms us down in the cluttered stuffs waiting to be done wandering inside our brain. The process is pretty simple: Sit down, grab whatever undone stuff out of your mind, and put them into a list. This will effectively ease workload for your brain and free you from the stress of you might miss some of the item undone. In addition, splitting the master list into more specific steps makes you be more assured by the list you made, and make you believe in the list more. Ah yes, make it a good habit to list something down immediately before you forget.

Example:
  • Team meeting in the morning
    • Check meeting agenda
    • Compile notes into the week's todo list
  • Examine hardware, label, and compile a list
    • Labeling
    • Installation
    • Testing
    • Compile hardware list
    • Email report

Catharsis/Free Writing

This is like any simple one-liner Facebook status we always put on our status update. It doesn't need to mean anything, but Facebook is not the place for it. We all find that out the day some nasty or sarcastic comment were left below your status. So it is highly recommended to do the catharsis or free writing somewhere isn't public.

Example:
  • I want to drink a cup of coffee now.
  • I missed my dog.

Reflection/Self-observation

Write down something just happened to you that makes you couldn't stop thinking about. Start from a single line, then rewrite the story, over and over again, until the story sounds right and feels right.

Example:
Version 1: My friend had a bad day.
Version 2: My friend had a bad day, I felt sorry about it.
Version 3: My friend had a bad day. When she told me about it, I can't really help. I felt sorry about it.
Version 4: My friend had a bad day. When she told me about it, I can't really help. I felt sorry about it. I've made myself a good listener.

Self Affirmation

This one is more like the inspirational quotes, but you will write your own. 

Example:
I think I'm gonna start writing again.

Sketchnote

Just draw whatever you feels like on a piece of paper and post it on the wall. To be honest, sketchnote doesn't work for myself. 

Comments

Read More

Java and Flash Content Not Working or Theme Issue on Google Chrome

Has Your Google Chrome Been Acting Strange Lately? That is probably because your Google Chrome auto-update failed to update automatically. In my case, it happens to the Google Chrome update for Version 57.0.2987 to Version 58.0.3029.96 for Windows and Mac OS on 2017-04-19. Here's a tutorial on how to manually trigger the Google Chrome auto-update: Open Chrome browser and click the vertical 3-dots&nbsp;<span class=""><i><b>settings button.</b></i></span> At the settings menu, mouseover to <b><i>[Help]</i></b>&nbsp;and Click <span class=""><i><b>[About Google Chrome].</b></i></span> Your Google Chrome version is shown here. The update will start automatically. Last step is to <b><i>relaunch</i> </b>your Google Chrome browser. Well done! Your Google Chrome browser is up to date. For iOS and Android version, you may refer to the offi

How Free Spotify Premium with Maxis One Plan Works and How to Subscribe/Unsubscribe It

Yes, as a lot of Maxis One Plan users may not know, their Maxis One Plan 98, 128, 158 and 188 actually comes with free Spotify Premium subscription from 14 December 2015 to 30 September 2016. The last Maxis-Spotify promotion I took part back in early 2014 was a RM10-per-month price cut offer. It was bad experience, that it does not come with free mobile data, and will not cut off automatically when the offer ended. Therefore, I had to set a calendar to remind myself from unsubscribing it, and it took me 30 minutes of troubleshoot with the customer service to figure how to unsubscribe the service. End up actually I only need to disconnect from WIFI to do it on the Maxis network. And yes, this is what this article all about. In order to trigger the free Spotify Premium subscription or unsubscribe from it, all you need to do is to access the Maxis Spotify Portal  on Maxis network. How to do it? Just turn off your phone WIFI and use the mobile data to open that page , then you'll s