Skip to main content

Looking Back at My 2021

It's the time of the year to look back at 2021.

Been thinking about it for a few days now and I have no memory of what had happened this year except for the past few weeks where there was a flood in where I live.

Today I remembered that I have almost everything on Google Calendar and sometimes I do update on Facebook. So I am able to note down a list of 2021 events with the help of technologies.

It's generally a quiet and boring year for myself, and lucky not to be hit by the virus (touch wood!), job loss, salary cut, and the flood. Which I am thankful about it. There's no major development on anything in my life this year, supposedly my first property, yet it was delivered with 100 defects unsolved after 3 months now and counting.

In fact, 2021 sucks.


January 2021

Kid started speech therapy classes

Found the appointments to speech therapy session in my Google Calendar. He is 4 this year and slow in forming sentences. The therapy sessions helped a little bit, but we had to stop for the countless MCOs lockdown.

February 2021

Had the first Chinese New Year Family Reunion Facebook Room Session

Hosted Facebook Room session with extended relatives during Chinese New Year as we all stuck at home due to the Covid-19 lockdown.

Friend approached me to explore hosting praying ceremonies on Facebook Live

Due to the lockdown, a friend who is a Taoist master approached me to test out performing prayer ceremony online. We tested out with simple Facebook Live session.

Elon Musk on ClubHouse App

Personally I only realize Elon Musk has such social media influence when his action brought the ClubHouse App to a hype.

March 2021

Miu Miu got hair loss and black skin below the arm

Saw the photo in Google Photos. Our Shih Tzu developed health problem after few months of lockdown stuck at home with kid, and us.

I was quite into Imagine Dragons -- Introduced by my 4 y/o

I actually shared their YouTube video on Facebook. <Natural> makes me want to sing in Karaoke.

April 2021

Pre-school classes re-opened

Which was a relieve. Not easy for everyone to be stuck at home. Kid needs more social interactions to develop social skills.

My G-Shock watch ran out of battery

I posted a photo on Facebook changing the battery myself after failed attempts to search for a watch shop around my area. MCOs really caused many shops to close down.

Upgraded Home Fibre Internet Speed to 100 mbps

I have a Facebook post with speed test result on this. Maxis just called me up one day and inform me that I can upgrade my Maxis Fibre to 100mbps. Weren't stuck at 30mbps due to apartment structure issue, not sure what changed but I am able to get the speed promised.

Brought burger patty from KT for the first time

And he took a photo of me receiving the delivery on Facebook. He is my mentor during my freshmen days, I copied his style of effective CV writings.

May 2021

I started to purchase games on Steam

I can't remember the last time I made purchase of  non-free games before this. Brought Valkyria Chronicles which I enjoyed so much on PSP during my childhood.

Wife bought me Razer Keyboard as Birthday Gift

The old keyboard really kills my mood working from home. So wife got me a good one. Put on Captain America RGB template and it actually shines beautifully.

June 2021

Miu Miu got hair loss at the back of the ears

It got worse from the black skin issue. Sent to the vet for both issues back then and now, there's no direct solution except trial and error for the root cause they said. Through trial and error, the only effective way is to bath her every other day.

July 2021

Did Health Screening and my GFR rate is on the low side

Broke the ceramic cover of my slow cooker

FML. Can't find any store online or offline selling the replacement. So I throw away the entire thing and bought the same one again.

Bought illy Y3.3 iperEspresso Machine

This one coming from my Gmail that I subscribed to the coffee capsules. Not super impressive but nice to have, so I don't have to do dripped coffee manually anymore.

Had my first does of Covid-19 vaccination


August 2021

Had my second dose of Covid-19 vaccination in August


September 2021

Vacant possession for my first apartment

Technically my first property.

October 2021 

Started to explore private retirement scheme

Realizing that I can do further income tax exemption with it.

November 2021

Approached Interior Designer for the first time in my life

Spoke to this nice ID over video conference, but too bad he can't use my own contractors. I have own contractors for M&E and Cabinets.

Started Futsal again after 16 months of zero exercise

And I almost puke after 2 10-mins game.

December 2021

Health Screening and had lucky Covid-19 booster shot in December

Went to panel clinic for another round of health screening and GFR rate is still not at par. Found that panel clinic is a vaccine center. After taking my blood, doctor ask if I'm interested to get the booster shot for free, so I got jabbed right away.

YouTube App is no longer supported on iPad 4th Gen that can only be upgraded to iOS 10.x

This sucks. The YT app can run on iOS 10, just that it will pop a message to force update or close the app. Waste my time subscribing to YouTube Premium family plan.

Comments

Read More

Java and Flash Content Not Working or Theme Issue on Google Chrome

Has Your Google Chrome Been Acting Strange Lately? That is probably because your Google Chrome auto-update failed to update automatically. In my case, it happens to the Google Chrome update for Version 57.0.2987 to Version 58.0.3029.96 for Windows and Mac OS on 2017-04-19. Here's a tutorial on how to manually trigger the Google Chrome auto-update: Open Chrome browser and click the vertical 3-dots&nbsp;<span class=""><i><b>settings button.</b></i></span> At the settings menu, mouseover to <b><i>[Help]</i></b>&nbsp;and Click <span class=""><i><b>[About Google Chrome].</b></i></span> Your Google Chrome version is shown here. The update will start automatically. Last step is to <b><i>relaunch</i> </b>your Google Chrome browser. Well done! Your Google Chrome browser is up to date. For iOS and Android version, you may refer to the offi

How Free Spotify Premium with Maxis One Plan Works and How to Subscribe/Unsubscribe It

Yes, as a lot of Maxis One Plan users may not know, their Maxis One Plan 98, 128, 158 and 188 actually comes with free Spotify Premium subscription from 14 December 2015 to 30 September 2016. The last Maxis-Spotify promotion I took part back in early 2014 was a RM10-per-month price cut offer. It was bad experience, that it does not come with free mobile data, and will not cut off automatically when the offer ended. Therefore, I had to set a calendar to remind myself from unsubscribing it, and it took me 30 minutes of troubleshoot with the customer service to figure how to unsubscribe the service. End up actually I only need to disconnect from WIFI to do it on the Maxis network. And yes, this is what this article all about. In order to trigger the free Spotify Premium subscription or unsubscribe from it, all you need to do is to access the Maxis Spotify Portal  on Maxis network. How to do it? Just turn off your phone WIFI and use the mobile data to open that page , then you'll s