Skip to main content

Unbox and Assemble - DXRacer AIR Mesh Gaming Chair D7200




Started my work-from-home life on 1 April 2021 without a home office. 

Tried the sofa, the bed, the sofa bed, high table-top by the kitchen both on the high chair and standing on my feet, and of course the dining table, but still don't find a spot at home that I can work productively.

So I started to transform one half of my store room into a home office, started by deploying my long-forgotten budget study table and borrowed a low-back office chair from my sister for the setup.

Things work almost perfectly until I broke the chair arm while adjusting my sitting position after 6 months, and broke the back of the chair in the middle of back stretching, almost fell on the floor with back of my head landed first few weeks after the first incident.

No other choice, I started to look for a new chair for my home office. La-z-boy has always been my dream chair but it just won't work as working equipment, so looked into the range of gaming chair and found that gaming chairs are made of either leather, faux leather or fabric. 

Avoid fabrics at all cost is one of the rules I set for myself ever since I get to decide what furniture to buy, experience with those kind of bulky headphones is a reminder not to get faux leather, and the last option, and I know genuine leather is either hard to find or will cost me RM20,000+ for an office chair.

So I dragged for a month doing more and more research on different brand and range of gaming chairs and ergonomic office chairs, I even watched through the guides on how to choose an office chair as well as the difference between gaming chair and office chair on https://www.youtube.com/user/btodTV.

I was so close to made up my mind to settle on a middle-low price mesh high back ergonomic office chair, then I discovered DXRacer AIR Mesh Gaming Chair -- A gaming chair, with mesh material. Of course the price range is within my budget.

I searched online for the brand and model to find that they have 2 Malaysian distributors, and they don't sell the color I wants on Shopee or Lazada. I might need to call them up or visit their showroom to find out more.

Of course a procrastinator like me will not take action immediately, so I start dragging again. One day, I had a long video conference sitting on my sofa bed and when I stand to walk, I kneeled on the floor as like I received some sort of message from the top (of course it's actually just numb leg due to the bad sitting position for long hour) and I know I must get out and get that chair!

So I made a quick call to one of the disti, happened that they have one last unit of white & cyan that I wanted, take a quick break from work to get to the showroom to bring back this beauty in a huge box.

The instruction manual is really brief, it's not too complicated to put everything together, but I can't help having a feeling that I might have did something wrong with the installation.

Sitting on the chair, it is as comfortable as it is promised, just that my super short work-from-home pants which I also wear to bed exposed part of my thighs to the mesh surface and the touch is not so welcomed. I'll have to start wearing proper pants working from home on this chair.

I like to cross my legs on the chair, I believe that's how I broke the last chair. When I cross my legs on this chair and lower the back to sleeping position, I fell with the chair again. No injuries because the back of the chair is really high, and the materials is proven firm because I don't see a scratch to the back of the chair that fell on the floor with my weight on it. 

Anyway, that's improper use of the chair that caused the incident. If I wanted to switch to sleeping position, I need to make sure that I have my feet on the floor to balance the chair. I won't complaint that this is a design flaws, there's no design that can go against physics.

In overall, it's a 4/5 star for this chair, everything is great except that I need to wear a longer pants to sit comfortably.

Comments

Read More

Java and Flash Content Not Working or Theme Issue on Google Chrome

Has Your Google Chrome Been Acting Strange Lately? That is probably because your Google Chrome auto-update failed to update automatically. In my case, it happens to the Google Chrome update for Version 57.0.2987 to Version 58.0.3029.96 for Windows and Mac OS on 2017-04-19. Here's a tutorial on how to manually trigger the Google Chrome auto-update: Open Chrome browser and click the vertical 3-dots&nbsp;<span class=""><i><b>settings button.</b></i></span> At the settings menu, mouseover to <b><i>[Help]</i></b>&nbsp;and Click <span class=""><i><b>[About Google Chrome].</b></i></span> Your Google Chrome version is shown here. The update will start automatically. Last step is to <b><i>relaunch</i> </b>your Google Chrome browser. Well done! Your Google Chrome browser is up to date. For iOS and Android version, you may refer to the offi

How Free Spotify Premium with Maxis One Plan Works and How to Subscribe/Unsubscribe It

Yes, as a lot of Maxis One Plan users may not know, their Maxis One Plan 98, 128, 158 and 188 actually comes with free Spotify Premium subscription from 14 December 2015 to 30 September 2016. The last Maxis-Spotify promotion I took part back in early 2014 was a RM10-per-month price cut offer. It was bad experience, that it does not come with free mobile data, and will not cut off automatically when the offer ended. Therefore, I had to set a calendar to remind myself from unsubscribing it, and it took me 30 minutes of troubleshoot with the customer service to figure how to unsubscribe the service. End up actually I only need to disconnect from WIFI to do it on the Maxis network. And yes, this is what this article all about. In order to trigger the free Spotify Premium subscription or unsubscribe from it, all you need to do is to access the Maxis Spotify Portal  on Maxis network. How to do it? Just turn off your phone WIFI and use the mobile data to open that page , then you'll s